Wow that is a hell of a lot of projects! I have even surprised myself!!!
But what has been the inputs to achieve all of these outputs? What has made the difference between making the above happen and not? What hasn’t been achieved that I would have liked to achieve? Which elements have I enjoyed the most?
I have decided to use the PNI tool:
– Being more strict about garden time (anchoring 2 days per week min) has meant more work being done on the Brook End design implementation = better mental health, more rest & sleep from being at home, improved family harmony from making progress at Brook End
– Reclaim the Fields work – is really taking off!
– Having 4 days off in Cornwall with my partner = really nourished my soul & our relationships, recharged my batteries
– Other than No Dig gardening workshop, transition food group work has felt like its gone out the window recently = too many projects, lack of attention to some that involve leadership & then suffer
– Exam revision = felt like I could not do what I wanted to do as I had to revise, stress led to bit of a bad temper, other projects went by the wayside
– Diary on 24th Feb shows I was nervously exhausted, why? = exam stress, grant application (working way more than set hours at work), hardcore show & late night, bus travel, no time for rest or switch off.
– Stress associated with fruit trees for all = orders not picked up, lots of work created
– I actually really enjoyed organising the fracking meeting, I felt ‘in my element’ doing resistance type work & actually the whole night didn’t feel like it work because it was also generating social yields (hanging out with lovely new people)
Zone 00 Re-design or ‘Tweak’
– Don’t do exams or courses that I am not fully engaged with!
– Batch process certain tasks as suggested in the 4 hour work week e.g. website updating
– If I know I am going to have a full-on week, honour it & keep the weekend free for a lie in!
– Keep to my work hours & log time accurately
– Be very clear about voluntary energy for projects
– Stack in social functions to make projects & group work more enjoyable (e.g. why do I enjoy doing RTF work – because I click with the age groups, histories, passions of the people etc)
– I need to allocate more time or be more realistic about how long journeys take & cost financially & energetically & try to reduce the number of them I take e.g. Oxford, Brighton, Bristol
– See my girl more because it chills me out & keeps me focused!