This is a workshop exploring why and how to support prisoners. With practical ideas for everyone involved in social struggle about how to make prisoner support more visible and effective. Designed & facilitated at the Earth First Summer Gathering 2015. 75 mins.
1. Go round, welcome
2. Why prisoner support? Group brainstorm
3. What do prisoners need?
Split group into three small groups or pairs. To focus on an area of need. Each group then brainstorm those needs.
Feedback into larger group. Fill in any obvious gaps.
4. Introduce organised prisoner support
– What is an Anarchist Black Cross group
– How to set up a group/support available
– Small group discussion, Q&A, info share
5. How can we make prisoner support more visible and effective? Whole group discussion
6. Close, go round of personal next steps. Re-emphasise available resources & websites.