The mission of Empty Cages Design is to inspire, resource and support individuals and groups to work for radical social and ecological transformation to create a world without cages.
I use Empty Cages Design as a container for my work in the world. My vision is a world without cages – where animals are living self-determining lives free from captivity, where humans are no longer warehoused in prisons and detention centres, where people live in rich relationship with their land-bases and communities are free from oppression and domination.
This means dismantling capitalism, industrial animal agriculture, the prison system and all the systems of oppression built on years of violence, colonialism, slavery and oppression. Empty Cages Design contributes to this work with a dedication to organising and collective action, popular education, militant research, project support and grassroots consultancy, as well as through growing nourishing food and making plant medicines. This website aims to document my work, share resources and inspire a commitment to liberation.
On this website you can find a variety of resources. You may wish to check out:
- My upcoming events and courses, including my annual Vegan Permaculture Design Course
- My offerings if you are looking for help and support with developing a land project (as well as my portfolio if you want to check out my work)
- My overcoming burnout blog series if you are teetering on the edge or coping with chronic illness, or simply wanting to explore the politics of burnout, health and collective care
- My Diploma, BSc or MSc work in agroecology and permaculture if you are a student in these fields
- My workshop and course designs if you are interested in popular education
- My writings on prison and repression, as well as anarchism and resistance if you are an organiser